Sunday, May 6, 2012

Lone Star Cigar Bash post one of ?

Val here,

SORRY! I wanted to live blog the event but my phone died :(
Next time I will bring extra batteries.

Let's just say that I was very impressed.  It took mere moments to check in, Finck's did such an excellent job of staffing the event, everything seemed to run so smoothly.

The food was excellent, the band Fuego was rocking, the vendors were fantastic!  I don't have time to do a lengthy post, and will glorify it later in text tomorrow.

Bill Finck Jr.  and family were wonderful hosts.  He asked me what he could do to improve it other than give us some Perdomos, and I didn't really have anything to say to that, because all the cigars in the set were lovely.

Thinking about it later I can think of 3 things.

1) signs in the parking lot so I am not wondering around lost in my heels trying to find out how to get in
2) better ventilation - it got a bit smokey in there with hundreds of people smoking and the poor girls rolling cigars looked like their eyes were giving them trouble because of it...
3) draw my ticket for the raffle next time (just sayin'...)

The bags were custom with the store logo on it.  Instead of 20 cigars, however, there were 19 (no big deal since the ones that were in there were AMAZING) plus a xikar lighter and a copy of a cigar magazine.  Way cool.

So in the bag was:
1) Finck's Commerce - Reserva Privada (Premiered at the event...)
2) Finck's Travis Club Family Blend (Just released last month!)
3) Finck's Lamb Club Cubano
4) La Gloria Artesanos Retro Especiale - looking forward to trying this - seems it won't officially release until late summer/fall
5) Oliva Serie O
6) PDR 1878
7) Fuentes Gran Reserva
8) Alex Bradley Black Market
9) Xicar - HTC Corojo
10) Rocky Patel Renaissance
11) Padron (not sure which one, doesn't say on the label)
12) Drew Estate Natural
13) Casa Magna Colorado
14) San Cristobal Elagancia
15) H. Upman 1844
16) CAO - OSA Sol
17) La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero
18) Imperiales - Leon Jimenez
19) Makers Mark

At the event I tried the Imperiales.  Later that night I tried the Travis Club Family blend - both were quite good, Thomas had the Oliva Serie O and then later the Travis Club Family blend too.  We will blog about  all that and more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment